Although publishing in academic research venues is not a priority for me anymore, below is a list of my publications, in chronological order.
Peer-Reviewed Journal and Conference Papers
- M.Lee, P.Roos, et al. Systematic computational identification of variants that activate exonic and intronic cryptic splice sites. American Journal of Human Genetics. 100(5):751-765, May 2017.
- M. J. Gelfand, P. Roos, D. Nau, J. Harrington, Y. Mu, and J. Jackson. Societal threat as a moderator of cultural group selection. Behavioral and Brain Sciences. 39:e38, 1 2016.
- S. De, M. J. Gelfand, D. Nau, and P. Roos. The inevitability of ethnocentrism revisited: Ethnocentrism diminishes as mobility increases. Scientiﬁc Reports 5(17963), Dec. 2015.
- P. Roos, M. J. Gelfand, D. S. Nau, & J. Lun. Societal threat and cultural variation in the strength of social norms: An evolutionary basis. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes. Vol. 129, pp. 14–23, 2015
- P. Roos, P. Orlando, R. Fagerstrom, J. Pepper. In North America, Some Ovarian Cancers Express the Oncogenes of Preventable Human Papillomavirus HPV-18. Scientific Reports. 5: 8645, 2015.
- P. Roos, M. Gelfand, D. S. Nau, Ryan Carr. High Strength-of-Ties and Low Mobility Enable the Evolution of Third-Party Punishment. (preprint pdf) Proceedings of the Royal Society, B. 281(1776), 7 Feb. 2014. online 11 Dec 2013.
- J. Hannigan, G. Hernandez, R. M. Medina, P. Roos, P. Shakarian. Mining for Spatially-Near Communities in Geo-Located Social Networks. (preprint) AAAI Fall Symposium; Nov. 2013.
- P. Shakarian, P.Roos, D. Callahan, C. Kirk. Mining for Geographically Disperse Communities in Social Networks by Leveraging Distance Modularity. (preprint) 19th ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge, Discovery, and Data Mining (KDD2013). Chicago, Aug. 2013.
- P. Shakarian, P. Roos, G. Moores. A Novel Analytical Method for Evolutionary Graph Theory Problems. (preprint) Biosystems, Elsevier, Vol. 111, No. 2, Feb. 2013.
- S. Eyre, R. Rotte, T. Taggart, C. Chewar, A. Johnson, P. Roos, Paulo Shakaria. Using RASCAL to Find Key Villages in Afghanistan. Small Wars Journal. July, 2012.
- P. Shakarian, P. Roos, and A. Johnson. A Review of Evolutionary Graph Theory With Applications to Game Theory. Biosystems, Elsevier, Vol. 107, No.2, Feb. 2012.
- P. Shakarian and P. Roos. Fast and Deterministic Computation of Fixation Probabilities in Evolutionary Graphs. In Sixth IASTED International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Bioinformatics. Pittsburgh, PA. Nov 2011.
- P. Roos, J. R. Carr, and D. S. Nau. Evolution of state-dependent risk preferences. ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST) 1(1):6:1–6:21, Oct. 2010. (pdf preprint)
- P. Roos and D. S. Nau. Risk preference and sequential choice in evolutionary games. Advances in Complex Systems 13(4):559–578, Aug. 2010. (pdf preprint)
- P.Roos and D. S. Nau, State-Dependent Risk Preferences in Evolutionary Games, In S.-K. Chai, J. J. Salerno, and P. L. Mabry, editors, Advances in Social Computing: Third International Conference on Social Computing, Behavioral Modeling, and Prediction, SBP 2010, volume LNCS 6007, pp. 23-31. Springer, Mar. 2010. (pdf preprint)
- P. Roos and D. S. Nau, Conditionally risky behavior vs expected value maximization in evolutionary games, In Sixth Conference of the European Social Simulation Association (ESSA 2009), Guildford, England, Sept. 2009. (preprint pdf)
- B. Manaris, D. Krehbiel, P. Roos, T. Zalonis, “Armonique: Experiments in Content-Based Similarity Retrieval Using Power-Law Melodic and Timbre Metrics”, Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Music Information Retrieval, Philadelphia, PA, pp. 343-348, Sep. 2008.
- P. Roos and B. Manaris, “A Music Information Retrieval Approach Based on Power Laws“, Proceedings of 19th IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI-07), Patras, Greece, vol. 2, pp. 27-31, Oct. 2007.
- B. Manaris, P. Roos, P. Machado, D. Krehbiel, L. Pellicoro, and J. Romero, “A Corpus-Based Hybrid Approach to Music Analysis and Composition“, Proceedings of 22nd Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-07), Vancouver, BC, pp. 839-845, Jul. 2007.
- B. Manaris, P. Roos, D. Krehbiel, T. Zalonis, and J.R. Armstrong, Zipf’s Law, Power Laws and Music Aesthetics, in T. Li, M. Ogihara, G. Tzanetakis (eds.), Music Data Mining, pp. 169-216, CRC Press – Taylor & Francis, July 2011.